Please also visit me over on my devotional site: Overacup.org

Monday, October 22, 2012

Fiesta Meatloaf (I promise it's good!)

Jeremy and I don't like meatloaf, usually. However, my Grammy made me try this one of hers insisting it was different, and you know, she was right! It is really good, and we both love it!

So here is it, just like Grammy makes it.

You'll need:

1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
2 TBS butter
1 bottle Heinz chili sauce
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 cup soft bread crumbs (sometimes I use cracker crumbs. Grammy's note)
2 eggs, slightly beaten
salt and pepper to taste
 
  1. Saute onion, celery, and green pepper in butter until tender.
  2. Stir in chili sauce. (I save some for the top. My note)
  3. Combine this mixture with ground beef, bread crumbs, eggs, salt, and pepper.
  4. Form into loaf.
  5. Brush top with ketchup. (I use the reserved Chili Sauce instead. My note)
  6. Bake in shallow baking pan or 2 loaf pans at 350 for one hour or til done.
So there it is! Try it this week. I promise you won't regret it!

Bon Appétit!

t.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment